Total Pageviews

Tuesday 4 September 2018

Titans Return Overlord - Gun Repair

Titans Return Overlord Gun Repair











I found Overlord at Toys r Us. Noticed he was opened so I asked the front desk if they could give me a discounted price. They found out the original price was $59.99 so they offered with $25.00. I ask for $20.00 and they were cool with it. Only bad thing was his blaster was broken, collector card and instructions where missing. Plus he was not properly strapped in like when they come new in package. I have a feeling one of the employees opened and played with Overlord then put him back on the shelf.





Titans Return Overlord - Blaster 







Here's how I fixed Overlords Gun. I was not sure if it was going to work but I had to try. It would have really suck if I could not fix his gun, most of his transformation needs his gun even move for his base and tank mode.




Repair





Trying to find the right parts for repair.






















At first I was a little worried, I couldn't find the bottom half of his gun handle but I found it in the bottom hole of his tank mode.





Used a Pop Rivet for the Handle




I had to get something to support the handle since it was broken in half. First I had to sand both broken ends of the handles so they would be flush when glued together. I got a mini rivet and cut it into size, installed it in the middle hole of the handle and glued it.



Waiting to Cure



At first i was looking at different alternative rods to use to find the best fit. The rivet worked the best for me.




This Worked Way Better





Glued the handles and pop rivet together, let dry then cut off the rivet.





Snipped off the Rivet





Sand off the end of the rivet after it dries/cured.





Sand Down to Size





Almost There






Half Way Done




























Slowly but Surely 



























I just used any materials I had. I had some car touch up paint I used to paint the handle.



Time to add Paint






Boom! Done!






Looks Good at this Angle

























Not Bad



















Here you go the repair for Overlords gun.










The End Results

Overlord - Blaster






Overlord - Tank






Overlord - Stealth Jet





Overlord - Base







Let me know what you think of the end results. It worked out well for me even more so for Overlord.



Hope you enjoyed my repair

Thanks

BIGMANILA














Don't Be Shy To Share and Comment!
VISIT MY YOUTUBE PAGE

3 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...