Total Pageviews

Tuesday 11 March 2014

Double Dragon Trilogy on ipad


Wow I can believe Double Dragon is on iPad. I been waiting for so long for it to be released. It's just like I was a kid again. Almost every thing is the same. From the sound, the graphics, the game play and the moves. I remember spending a lot of money just to play Double Dragon. My friend used to give me some money so I could play with him or even use my paper route money. I was able to buy Double Dragon on my iPad for $0.99 plus tax. I think the regular price is $2.99 plus tax.

Double dragon was the first Martial Arts/Street Fight video game for me. I guess that why it appealed to me so quick. Plus it was cool being the hero trying to save you girlfriend from a evil gang. Even more fun when you have two players.

The controls are a bit notchy to me on the I pad. I'm planing  to buy a joy stick. At the moment my brother bought me a on scream joy stick for my ipad and it works pretty well. Some times the suckers would come off but you just have to push them in once and awhile.


I just started playing Double Dragon. I even played the two player mode with my brother. Sometimes I wish I had more quarters, lol. They only give you only a few continues if you die, I guess it depends how far you made it. When I played to players with my brother we were at the last stage and we both die on the red carpet and we couldn't get a continue request. It just said we had a new high score record. 


The iPad Description 
A groundbreaking, uber-popular game upon its arcade debut in 1987, Double Dragon is the undisputed godfather of co-op beat ‘em all!
Enter Double Dragon Trilogy, a compilation specially optimized for mobiles and which includes all three installments of the beloved arcade series: Double Dragon, Double Dragon 2: The Revenge, and Double Dragon 3: The Rosetta Stone. The first one begins with Billy and his brother Jimmy, two martial arts experts, in a mission to rescue Billy's girlfriend, Marian, who’s been kidnapped by the Black Shadows Gang. All your favorite moves are here: punches, kicks, elbows, knees, head-butts and an assortment of not-exactly-street-legal weapons.
Battle your way through all 3 titles and bask in the greatness of one of the ‘80s most popular arcade game

Not one

Not two 


But three games in one!


I played other version of this game. When I had my Nintendo system, my brother and I were very eager for it to be released on the Nintendo. But when we played it it was similar the moves were really different. You had to earn your punch, kicks and elbows, in points in order to use them. It kind of sucked for us. We were hoping for more of the arcade style.


Oh my guts! What is dat!

Nintendo version above picture.



My worst enemy in Double Dragon was ladders, fences, and cliffs lol.



A few shots I took on mt iPad when my brother and I were playing.


She blocked the punch with her stomach!



I still love this game so much nostalgic memories. I show my friends and cousins and they are excited as I am when they saw it. They all started to down load it on there phones and iPads. I hope you guys enjoy Double Dragon as much as I'm enjoying it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...