Total Pageviews

Friday 2 May 2014

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (NECA)


Leave Your Mark....




TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES



One of my all time favourite cartoon/comic when I was a kid and still is my favourite. These NECA action figures of the TMNT are super detailed based on the original comic of Eastman and Laird. Unfortunately I had to get rid of these figure for certain reason at the time. But I still have a the set of four still mint in package. I hope they re-realise these figures. I didn't take as many photos as I would like. I taken these photos around 2008





TMNT originated from a comical drawing sketched out by Kevin Eastman during a casual evening of brainstorming with his friend Peter Laird. The drawing of a short, squat turtle wearing a mask with nunchakus strapped to its arms was humorous to the young artists, as it played upon the inherent contradiction of a slow, cold-blooded reptile with the speed and agility of Japanese martial arts. Laird suggested that they create a team of four such turtles, each specializing in a different weapon. Eastman and Laird often cited the work of Frank Miller and Jack Kirby as their major artistic influences.





"I hold my Katana in a Relaxed and ready position. To my left Donatello and Michaelangelo follow suit with staff and nunchaku. Raphael guards my right side... I sense his body quivering with tense energy, waiting to be triggered into savage slashing release!!!!"

                                                                                                                   -LEONARDO (FIRST COMIC)




Articulation
  •     Rotating and hinged wrists
  •     Hinged torso
  •     Rotating and hinged hips
  •     Rotating thighs
  •     Double jointed knees
  •     Hinged and swivelling ankles
  •     Ball jointed neck at the base of the skull
  •     Rotating and hinged joint at the base of the neck
  •     Rotating and hinged shoulders
  •     Rotating biceps
  •     Hinged elbows









WEAPONS


  • Donatello’s Bo Staff (two pieces)
  • 2x Leonardo’s Katanas
  • 2x Raphael’s Sais
  • 2x Michelangelo’s Nunchuks



























NECA first series of the action figures based on the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles comics published by Mirage Studios. Created by Kevin Eastman and Peter Laird. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles continue to be one of the most popular comic book franchises of all-time, spawning numerous spin-offs, and movies.






















" My name is Leonardo. And right now my brothers and I are in a mess of trouble. Our backs are up against the wall in some trash strewn alley, cornered by the toughest street gang on the East Side."
                                                                                          

                                                                                                                                      - LEONARDO


Purple Dragon Member #1- "Look at the freaks."    

Two Ton- "What's with the dweeby costumes?"
   

Purple Dragon Member #3- "This ain't Halloween."    

John- "You're going down, freaks. Nobody messes with the Purple Dragons, especially wearing       stupid turtle costumes."



Leonardo - "He's wrong. We're not wearing costumes."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...